Baby Is Coming. Now What? (Ottawa Baby Show meets Prenatal Class)
Ottawa Pregnancy, Birth, & New-Parent Education Event
Pure Natural Newborn Photography is proud to present Ottawa with this amazing one-day pregnancy, birth, & new-parent education event where attendees will get to learn all of the basics of what to expect in their pregnancy and the first few weeks with a newborn–all in a 1-DAY event.
Baby Is Coming. Now What?
Whether you are trying to start your family, or you’ve recently found out you are expecting a little one–this event is for you! Deciding to have a baby is a big decision, and SOO many things to learn. This event will guide you through your questions: you’ll leave with your answers, some great resources, the ability to connect with the experts, plus the confidence knowing that YOU’VE GOT THIS!
There will be speakers providing information about pregnancy, birth, newborns & beyond, a few hands-on education stations, and the opportunity to mingle with the experts and ask them anything! There is nothing we aren’t be willing to talk about, and there is no such thing as a stupid question. This is a safe space, so bring your partner, your parents or your friends, and come learn about all the things that parenthood brings, and leave knowing how to confidently approach anything life throws at you.
You will also leave with a new-parent survival kit, a reusable canvas tote bag (not the cheapie ones!) filled with valuable resources available throughout the city, expert contact information, and some awesome swag. –> so far there is over $50 worth of actual tangible and useful goodies! Gone are the days where “swag = business cards”!
- Hormones & Nutrition During Pregnancy, and How It Relates To Your DNA (Holly Warner Health)
- Diapers: Why Parents Choose Cloth vs. Disposable (Anna Mascieri-Boudria, Bumbini)
- Feeding Baby (Beth McMillan, Milkface Nursingwear)
- Preparing for the Emotional and Physical Journey of Childbirth (MotherWit Doula Care)
- Newborn Care Tips (Sherry Trowsse, Ottawa Doula Services)
- Introduction to Babywearing (Débora Rodrigues, Crown of Dreams)
- Benefits of Baby Massage for Infants & Postpartum Mothers (Jenni Lloyd, Mellow Baby)
- Techniques for Soothing a Fussy Newborn & Getting A Better Night’s Sleep (Elisa Costanza, Restful Parenting)
- Benefits of Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga and Simple Poses to Try at Home (Sarah Douglas)
- Natural Solutions For Your Family During Pregnancy, Birth, & Beyond (Zoia Nikolova, Wellness Advocate with dōTERRA)
- Birth Centre Tours
- Diapers 101 & Diaper Derby!
- Intro to Babywearing
- Car Seat Safety
- Prenatal Yoga
- Newborn Soothing Basics
- First Aid for Parents: How to care for a conscious choking infant
POP-UP SHOPS & LOCAL SERVICES:
- Forever Bellies
- Bumbini Cloth Diapers
- MotherWit Doula Care
- Snottie Care
- Bundle Baby
- Sarah Douglas Yoga
- Restful Parenting
- Wee & Charming
- Nannies On Call
- The Mama Coach, Antea Ćorluka
- (more to come)
Yes, food is included in your ticket price! I can’t very well have a ton of pregnant women hang out at an event for 6 hours and not give them something to snack on. There will be a curated selection of pregnancy-safe foods by the wonderful Daniela from MMM Chef available for a self-serve lunch* (finger foods, snacks, desserts). She is known for her willingness and ability to accommodate to almost any dietary need or sensitivity, and allergies wherever possible. At the event there will be gluten-free and vegan options, and all offerings will NOT include nuts. There will also be water available throughout the day so while it is encouraged to bring a reusable bottle, not to worry if you forget.
* ALLERGIES? You will have the opportunity to mention any allergies or dietary needs in your registration form.
Get Your Ticket!
Use the code PNNPSAVE5 for a savings of $5 off your ticket until September 2nd:
Follow the Facebook event for real-time updates:
Have questions in the meantime?
Go ahead and join the closed Facebook group and ask away! Many of the expert speakers are members and are happy to respond:
Want to share the word?
We’d love it for you to share this event with any of your friends who are expecting, or family members that you want to attend with you. Go ahead and share the blog post, the event page, or the event poster below! THANK YOU and see you in September!
The following sponsors are all small businesses who are a member of YOUR community here in Ottawa, and were hand-picked by yours truly to participate in this event because of their stellar customer service, local involvement, and amazing offering of products and services. Their donations were able to make this event possible, AND they will be there on the special day ready to answer all of your questions.