Top 9 Tips for Spring & Summer Adventures | National Trails Day
Today is National Trails Day! I love bringing clients on mini hikes for unique and secluded portrait sessions, but even more so I love taking my kiddos on fun outings into nature. Here are some tips for staying safe, energized, and ready-for-anything on your adventures!
Top 9 Tips for Spring & Summer Adventures
1. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding sugary drinks.
2. Wear sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
3. Wear bug-repellent (spritz versus a spray around kiddos) or wear a bracelet, sticker, or net, or invest in a portable repeller.
4. Dress appropriately for the weather by choosing lightweight, breathable fabrics, in layers so you can remove them as you get warmer.
5. Wear a hat to protect your head, ideally one that also covers your neck.
6. Take breaks in a cool, shaded area to avoid heat exhaustion.
7. Bring nutritious & light snacks, ideally in reusable bags to help keep your adventure sustainable.
8. Bring a minimalist first aid kit with bandaids, sterile wipes, skin tape, sterile gauze or panty-liners (yup, lifehack!), sting ointment, and a tick key.
9. Enjoy outdoor activities in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler.
What kind of adventure will YOU be going on today?
Pure Natural Portraits (Stephanie de Montigny)
Pregnancy through Baby’s First Year & Beyond
Almonte / Ottawa, Ontario | (613) 371 – 4594
Reach out to email@example.com